Friday, December 20, 2013

Elf luck!


If it weren't for the red and green colors you may have think that I joined the Masons.  My reasoning for wearing the elf hat was threefold:

1)  Our church pulled together an orchestra to play at the x-mas party, and I wore it to divert attention from all the bad notes I was producing.

2)  I decided having a little fun was not all that bad.

3)  Jewish men ware skull caps for more noble reasons, but I found out that the elf hat really kept the birds nest on my head warm.  (I can't wait to read your comments)



What the heck.  It only cost a dollar as did the Santa hanging from the music stand.  The little orchestra was composed of a dozen or so brave soles, aged all the way from beginning kids to advanced musicians (old duffers) like myself.  



John and Debbie were our guitar players and they represent the younger adults, along with the flutist sitting behind me.   



The only other violin player was Lisa, sitting to my left.  I'm glad Grandma Zucc didn't take her picture, as she is much more beautiful than moi.  I promised her that if we were to ever play again (fat chance,) that she could sit in 'first chair.'



Ann Gold was our conductor, and did a mighty fine job.



Now I will attempt to turn your attention to the little helpers that assisted Grandma and me in decorating our tree.  Notice the elf hat Erin is Wearing?  Yes, it is the same one that I wore.  I gave it to her with a promise that if she wore it the rest of the day she would have elf luck.  She agreed, but when I went over to their house later in the day, she answered the door without the hat.  So ........................   



Jenna's first assignment was to cut the wrapping from the candy canes, then to hang them on the tree.  When kids come to our house they can pick one from the tree, and this is always a delight.  



Erin really was excited when the tree was finished.  Only the angel needed to be put on the top.  Gads, you would have thought she had seen one the way her arms are outstretched in a "hallelujah wave."  




Even Mike got into the act.  He is trying to explain something, for sure.




Happy and proud helpers. 



Rachel poses at Erin's choral concert.

Titan & Jenna smile for the camera.  They are cousins so why not?



 

1 comment:

Tamara Anderson said...

I did not know you were in an orchestra. How awesome is that? Love the hat. No comment on your bird's nest because I don't think you have one. And I love your tree! I think Mike was reading his palm! Ha ha. Love you guys!