Saturday, August 1, 2015

Travels with Julie

 
Traveling is always an adventure, but even more-so when an enthusiastic 21 year old is with you.  Bev and I found this out soon after we left Olympia. 
But before I get to that, I must confess that I will miss all the green on the west side of the Cascades.  Of special interest to me was the smoke bush in front of Tam's home.  Then Bev informed me that a couple of these bushes are in our own neighborhood; so soon after our arrival home, I checked it out and sure enough, she was right.
Nevertheless, I am still posting this photo of the "smoke bush," just because I like it.
 
 
 
Now, it is important to realize that Julie is an RM.  Even though she looks dangerous holding this real samurai sword, she really has a kind heart. 

 
 
I love pics of women holding guns - they look so mischievous, don't you agree?  Uncle Gordon was kind enough to let us take some photos of his weapons. 

 
 
This is an original oil painting.  There was no signature on it, so we don't know who the artist was, but I have a strong suspicion it was painted by either Jean Foster or her mother, Lucy Kenny.  Both of them were extremely talented.  My mother displayed this painting her wall.   

 
 
Look at the detail of the rose pedals. This is amazing. 

 
 
Sable is a direct descendant of my cousin Jean and her mother Lucy; so I thought it only right to give the painting to her.  It may be worth something; but if not, that's okay, for it is a part of her legacy.   
 

 
 
Julie was nothing but smiles, as she got to help with the driving.  I noticed that she had two hands on the steering wheel at all times as she moved us along at 80 mph through southern Idaho and northern Utah.  Remember when the speed limit was only 55?   
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonderful pics and story john............... You look good kid. Lol