Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving Day!


Thanksgiving Day!  What a day it turned out to be!  Thanks to Erin's help the day before, I was able to easily complete my assignment of making the mashed potatoes.  Erin had come over and helped peel and slice the little fellows.  Grandma helped also, once her piano lessons were finished.  

We covered them with water and stored them on the deck for cooking and mashing in the morning.  Bev got up early and began cooking the turkey and pumpkin pie. 

We then loaded our goods and made our way to Springville, where Sam and his faithful dog Shadow greeted us as we pulled into the driveway.  Shadow, an Australian Sheep Dog, was particularly interested - obviously he could smell the turkey, ha-ha.  Honestly, when I opened the car door to get out, he wanted to smell every part of me, even my breath.  Sam pulled him away, and I was able to exit the car.  I moved quickly to open the trunk and gave the turkey to Sammy with instructions to take it into the house.  Shadow finally left me alone and followed Sammy and the bird to the front door, leaving me alone.

After greeting the boys in the great room, I made my way into the home teaching room (music room) only to find Sherry and Bev visiting.  I was not kicked out, so I sat down.  Soon Mike and his family arrived, so the following pics are of those who had presence in that particular room.  


Sherry
Katie

Matty


Jenna
Sherry

Mike


Julie

Rachel

Rachel & Julie

Erin

Now this concludes the events leading up to and including our Springville Thanksgiving Day arrival.  

Within the next few days I will continue with a brief description of the exciting program, and then in a third posting, I will end up with an account of the actual feasting.  So be sure to check back.






2 comments:

Tamara Anderson said...

Man, this looks like a GREAT time! I loved how you said that you didn't get "kicked out" of the music room, so you sat down. Ha ha ha. I love it! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I am so thankful for all of you and I so miss you all!

Anonymous said...

Ditto! You crack me up, Dad!