Friday, February 26, 2016

"Wow, Phoenix. What a great place! I was there once."


I suppose the only interesting element in a picture of a city, is the fact that I am subjecting you to it with the hope that one of you would say, "Wow, Phoenix.  What a great place!  I was there once."  Hey, it was my first time there and really,  probably my last.  I didn't experience anything in Phoenix except an hour and a half wait in the airport, and during that time I actually bought a Mexican burrito, rice and beans.  It was really pretty good for airport food.


We did pass over Chase Field, home of the Arizona Diamondbacks.  If you click on the link, you can read all about them.



Any of these pics you can get from the web, but since these are mine alone, I will subject you to them; and, by the way, I intend to publish them in my next 'blog to print' album. 

Coronado bridge - pic taken from the airplane.

San Diego Convention Center

Petco Park -  home park of the San Diego Padres

Joe told us of the Old Town Trolley tour.  It was great way to see the city sites without the stress of driving.  Not only that, but we got the advantage of having a tour guide as a driver.  


Our guide was a mature gentleman who must have been trained as an entertainer, because he was full of fun facts, jokes, and stories.  He played music clips from older days and had a great rapport with his guests.  

One great advantage of this tour was that paid guests could get on and off a bus at each stop, because another one would come by every half hour, all day long.  Now, Bev and I didn't do that, but the tour lasted for about 2 hours, so we definitely got our moneys worth.

Going over the Coronado bridge was rousing experience as the driver accelerated the old rattletrap up to freeway speed.  With windows down the road noise was enough to rattle ones nerves, and by the way, the trolley car you see above does have open windows for air conditioning, just like the one we were on. 



   













No comments: