Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Mashed potatoes!



      Mashed potatoes!  What can be better than feasting, with them on your plate?



Question:  Hey, wait a minute!  Something is wrong!  What is the purple wallpaper paste doing on the plate? 

Answer:  Well, it is not paste, but is actually created from potatoes grown in my garden.  Really the potatoes came up purple.  Tammy sent some starts a couple years ago, and they didn't grow well, so I removed them.  I guess I din't get them all, as this year they self-started.  I was totally surprised. 

I cooked them up and fed them to the grand-kids for their piano snacks.

The kids didn't quite know what to think when they first saw them, but after the first taste, no problem! They were soon devoured.  Windmill cookies were served, just in case a backup was needed.  Ha. 






  


1 comment:

Tamara Anderson said...

Looks awesome! I don't think I have ever had cookies and potatoes! Sounds delicious!