Tuesday, October 13, 2015

An eyeopener



On a beautiful summer Sunday morning, we found ourselves in a Farmington church awaiting the baby blessing of Forrest Belton.  Steven the father had invited me to stand in the circle.  As that group of men held the baby in their hands, I felt humbly grateful to be there touching one that had so recently been in God's presence.   

 After the service, a nice luncheon was held for both family and friends at the home of Steve and Kayla.   

Vanessa & Forrest

I know I'm getting older, but to think that Carla and Brent are now grandparents is really an eyeopener to me.  But, I guess time moves on quickly, and I realize that in a few years, I could be a great grandparent.  


Carla & Brent


I was so impressed with the maturity of the Noakes kids.  Many years ago when they lived in American Fork, they were still little.  Kayla was still in junior high and she was the oldest.  Garrett was really a fun little boy, and look at him now - out of high school and finding his way in life.  

Garrett showing off his fancy suspenders. 


In the Church foyer, Kayla proudly shows off her son, while Steven signs the official Blessing Certificate.




Bev loved bonding with Forrest.  Even though he won't remember any of it, she will.




Forrest


Forrest, Carla and Brent


I suppose the two finger extension could be called the Noakes gang sign., and you gotta love the shades.




Shades were the fun thing of the day.  Even Steven's mother was talked into wearing one of them.

Melody  & Forrest
e
"Us men love our shades."


With them on.




With them off.






No comments: