Thursday, October 26, 2017

Tme of Crisis


In March we experienced a wind that must have gusted 70 mph.  It almost uprooted a 60 foot blue spruce tree in the back yard.  The roots had been lifting for several months and I knew that I had to act for safety's sake.  The question was when?

That question was answered when I came home after a Sunday mid-afternoon choir practice.  The roots were lifting about a foot above ground level with each gust.  There was nothing I could do but follow the internet minute-by-minute progression of the storm, and pray the tree would not fall.

The prayers worked and the next day I begin the process of getting bids.  The winds did break several fence posts on both the north and east sides of my property.  





The McKea kids helped move precious plants from the north side to the garden, where they were planted to keep them alive.  After the tree was removed, Mike and I replaced the broken posts on the east fence.  The Noorda boys helped mix and pour the post cement on the north.  Thanks to all my wonderful family for helping in this time of crisis.




The center tree is the one that came down.




No, this is not Mike in the tree, although I believe he really wanted to do the job.


THE TREE CAME DOWN.    





Afterwards the contractor went after the stump with a grinder.  







No comments: