Sunday, December 4, 2011

Little Elves!

Black Friday was, at our house, really a very joyful event.  Mike and Katie dropped their kids off late Thursday night for an overnighter.  Grandma supervised the bed time events, like brushing teeth, getting jammies on etc, and I had the fun of telling bedtime stories.  The kids were bone tired, having spent all day eating two turkey dinners. 

I had the fun of telling stories to sleepy eyed kids.  To Matt, I told my version of "Goldie Locks and the Three Bears," and to Jenna and Erin, I gave a stellar account of "Cindergorilla."  This story usually usually gets at least one laugh, but not this night.  By the time I finished they were asleep.  I then made my way to Rachel on the couch, but she was in a total coma.

Not a peep was heard during the night, and in the morning the kids got up and found grandma fixing pancakes, eggs etc.  They were delighted, and then we brought in the Christmas tree and decorations from the garage.




Needless to say, we had 4 delighted, little elves hanging ornaments. 

Afterwards grandma had the kids sit at the kitchen table, for organized Christmas activities.

To top things off, three of grandma's piano students came over and entertained us with piano Christmas music. Then the fateful moment came at 12:00, when they were picked up by parents and carted off to finish the day with other activities.

What a great family I have!

2 comments:

katie said...

Cute little elves! They'll forever remember your crazy stories. Thanks again!

Tamara Anderson said...

What fun! I LOVE your funny stories too. You will have to refresh me on Cindergorilla in Feb! Ha ha. The tree looks great! I am always impressed with Crafty Grandma too! You guys are awesome!