Sunday, June 3, 2012

How happy he was!


How great is it to be 11 years old?  I don't know the answer to that question, as my 11th year celebration was way to long ago for me to remember, but the smile on Sam's face, definitely indicates how happy he was to be recognized.

Sam crosses over!

A few day's ago, Sam endured the "Crossover" ceremony.  I don't know if these kinds of graduations are held in all troops, but in Sam's troop it is a big deal for a cub to become a scout.  I'll bet his Mom was proud!  I know I am.

The following pics show what Sam got for his birthday.




It was hilarious to watch Sam as he eyed his packaged loot!  Even funnier was the fact that he preferred to sit on the floor with his presents, than sit on the couch.









During the actual opening, he preferred to lay on the floor.































Perhaps the gift he will enjoy the most in time to come, will be the guitar his parents gave him.



Greg already plays, so Sam has a good example to follow.  I know that playing a stringed instrument well takes time, as one has to learn how to hold it first then figure out how to properly place one's fingers on the strings.



It was a fun gathering for a special young guy.  Everyone there had a great time!



Even the cat!

1 comment:

Tamara Anderson said...

Looks like Sammy had a GREAT day! Happy Birthday Sam! WOW 11 huh? Amazing!