Friday, July 6, 2012

"Oh yes, they still rock!"


The Stadium of Fire concert and fireworks display was awesome!  Perhaps this was the best fireworks I have ever seen.  It was set to the music of 007, and the finale was powerful, insomuch that I felt that I was to be knocked backwards, right out of my seat.  Ha ha.

The program started with an F-16 flyover.  As those magnificent aircraft passed, I felt a deep since of patriotism, but the really cool thing that happened was that the captain of the jets actually talked to us, wishing us a great 4th of July celebration, and guess what?  This was done by real-time TV on the screens you see in the pic below.       

Scotty McCreery

Scotty McCreery did a great job.  He was first on the program.  He is now a real professional, with a great country voice (I like him because he sings in tune).  He was followed by a great performance by the Beach Boys.  Grandma Z and I had great seats in the north end zone.  We were even stomping our feet and clapping our hands during the singing.

People of all ages were dancing in the stands and up and down the aisles.  It was awesome!  "Yes," they are old men, and "Oh yes, they still rock!"


The Beach Boys

3 comments:

Tamara Anderson said...

WOW! Staduim of Fire is awesome! Glad you guys went. Did you go by yourselves? Looks like a blast!

ronnie said...

did they sing "Help Me, Rhonda"? oh how i wish i had been there..but only IF they sang THAT song!

katie said...

I'll come to Stadium of Fire when Sugarland performs! We missed you on the 4th....glad you had a great time!