Monday, May 9, 2011

IT WAS A BRAWL!


Mother's Day flowers!
 Mother's Day began quietly, with Grandma sleeping in.  In the meantime, I was preparing for her, a strawberry pancake breakfast, topped with whipped cream.  I served it with a cup of hot chocolate for a drink.  The pleased look on her face, when she finally made it to the kitchen, was worth the whole effort.

I won't go into tedious detail about all the pleasant surprises that she received throughout the day, but I can tell you that there are three vases of cut flowers, now displayed on the kitchen bar, with one live begonia plant from our church, one live lily, and a "hot off the press" novel on her nightstand.



Jenna helps grandma!
 After attending Sacrament meeting in Mike's Ward; by the way, Mike and Katie were the speakers, we brought Jenna home to help us bake brownies, and to get ready to make our drive down trecherous I-15 to Springville.

Upon arrival at Sherry's house the action really began. Jeff had prepared both barbecued ribs and also polish sausage/shrimp skibobs.

I had made 10 lbs. of mashed potatoes.  Mike brought tossed salad and baked pork and beans.  In addition, Sherry prepared a delicious green apple salad that was out of this world.

Grandma had brought the brownies to go with homemade ice cream for our desert.  Wow! What a meal! 

Nineteen people were there, so we had a brawl. Ha ha. (This is an inside joke), that only Katie and Sherry can talk about with any kind of sensibility.


Table before

Boy's table

Bev, Katie, Sherry & Jennifer (Jeff's sister)

Sherry puts on a good show, right?

Just before we began dishing up our food, Jeff had the Mothers' open their presents. They were all delighted, but Sherry received the surprise gift of the day!



Needless to say, much the the remaining conversation for the day, was based upon the name to be given to Sherry's new puppy. 

After long deliberation, it was decided that we like the following names:  Bronco, Jake, or Moses.  It will be interesting to see what the Noorda's will actually call him, when he comes to his new home in a couple weeks.

When I opened my eyes, after laying on the floor, I saw this compelling scene, and I just had to take this photo.  As you can tell, Jeff is in 7th Heaven.


"What shall we name our new puppy?"

Be sure to check out this blog in a few days.  I have some more interesting photos and comments to make concerning this memorable day.
  

4 comments:

Annie said...

i think i'm still in shock about the puppy! wow. looks like a great day. family days are the best.

low bass said...

Sherry McKea Noorda I am impressed with my good show too!I think my reaction totally gets me a lot closer to heaven ! haha

katie said...

Moses Walter Noorda.

It was a great day!

Tamara Anderson said...

MOSES! Love it! Sherry congratulations! You guys will have a lot of fun with Moses! OK, LOVE Sherry's long toes, who is sitting next to her on the left? Just curious! OH, I LOVE the "boys table" instead of the "kids table". Got to have enough boys to fill that up though. It worked that night! How fun. Yes families are the best!