Wednesday, May 11, 2011

WE OWE OUR MOTHERS!


Hey!  We all loved Mother's day!
To continue on with the Mother's Day report, as I mentioned in the last blog entry, there were 19 persons present, representing 4 families.
Soren is behind Aubryn
Jennifer had drove down from her place in Draper.  We were all glad they could come.

Chapin
Chapin is now in the Teacher's Quorum of their Church.  I was very impressed with how well behaved all of her children were.  Their father is on duty with the Army, serving in Lebanon. 

Ean

Ean is now 16, and extremely bright, loving every moment of life.  His is looking forward to spending a week with us while attending EFY in Sandy.

Now this little girl is really special.  I love her smile, don't you?
Aubryn

Greg stole the show by showing off his muscle.  He is 16 now, and I understand, loves to drive his Aunt Katie around any neighborhood except his own.

Why is it that Rachael always ends up "dominating" any group picture she is in?  However in this photo I think Sammy takes the cake!


All of the kids enjoyed playing on the trampoline, at one time or another, but these kids had a great sword fight, even if it
was raining very hard.

Erin, Jenna, Rachael, & Aubryn

Aunt Sherry let the kids use here towels to wrap around their soaking bodies.

Uncle Mike showed off his developing bald spot to all who would notice.  Just in case you didn't notice, here is a great photo of it.  He did a great job of preparing the french toast also. 

Everyone had a great time with lots of laughter. 

We all know Aunt Katie has a warm heart, but she must also have a cold "inner core," as she is always has some kind of lap trough on her. 

I kind of identify because I love to wear my "hoodie," in all but the hottest weather. 

Jeff had the boys organized.  Jason was in charge of the skibob's.  He was also very good at cleaning up minor spills on the floor.  What a guy!





Nick was in charge of doing dishes.

Now, it is time for a little bit of personal opinion, if you don't mind!  What do we owe our mothers?  In thinking of my mother, I have to admit that I owe her everything.  Life itself is a miracle, and that first breath is only possible after one's mother looks into the face of death.  

What about charactor?  If I have developed this particular virtue, it was because of the urgings and long-suffering sacrifices of my mother.

All of our success' obtained in this life, and in the next, we owe to our mothers!






3 comments:

katie said...

I love all of the pictures. Especially Mike's bald spot. He'll be so excited that's on the blog. And the one of the four hula girls!

Great post. And yes, I'm always cold. You understand.

Tamara Anderson said...

GREAT POST! Dad, you are really good at this blogging stuff! Yes, the bald spot was a winner. I was just thinking how honest you are. Also, I have to agree, Rachel does steal the pictures, but then I looked and SAM and just laughed, what a character! And thanks Mom for all of the long-suffering and urgings you have given me. I would not be the person I am without them. Love you all!

low bass said...

Sherry McKea Noorda I never thought we looked in the face of death; but I guess we do! Nice post!