Friday, April 6, 2012

Hey Julie!

BYU students

On our way to Sherry's birthday celebration, we made a stop at the BYU Creamery in happy valley and bought some milk, ranch dressing and a package of cheese curds.  It has been rumored that BYU milk is the best of all milks.  I wonder! We have done it before, but I suppose we ought to run another taste-challenge test to see if that rumor is true.  On the first test several years ago, we put up Walmart milk against BYU milk and it was inconclusive as to which tasted the best.


With our treasured dairy products safely locked in the trunk of the car, we ventured on a little drive around campus.  The students were out in droves.

 "Hey Julie, this is how the kids at BYU dress for class."

 I just thought you might be interested.  Ha Ha.

I am always astounded at the striking beauty of campus, and the scenic beauty of the Wasatch is glorious to behold.  I was able to get some good pics of both mountains and flowering trees.  Enjoy!

Rock Canyon as viewed from the Harris Fine Arts Center.  This is where the students go to get a little bolder.

The bell tower is hiding behind the tree.

Flowering trees in front of the art museum. 

We made our way to the Provo Towne Center mall.  This is one of my favorites to walk.  I particularly was impressed by the inside lighting.   This is really cool, yes?

When I reached the food court on the second level, I just had to stop and take pics of the mountains through the massive glass panes.

As a student in the mid 60's, I hiked to the very top of this mountain.  It was an organized hike with perhaps thousands of people winding up the trail starting at Aspen Grove on the backside of the mountain.  At the top was a little shed, and a couple of people passed out a little lapel button you could proudly pin on your shirt.  It took 6 hours to climb the mountain, and only 4 hours to get down.  There was a glacier on the backside that you could slid on.  I don't think the glacier is still there, but I may be wrong.  It is said, "The hike caused environmental damage to the mountain, and was finally canceled to help preserve the delicate mountain ecosystem." (Wikipedia)  This happened in 1970, and in 1984 it was given a wilderness designation by the U.S. Congress.
 
Mount Timpanogos


Rock Canyon is at the north of Y Mountain.  Just to the south is a little canyon that I don't know the name of, but it is really cool to hike from the block Y on the little trail, up to a little meadow, with a spring of wonderful, fresh, pure, cool etc water flowing into it.  Now that I am older, I will probably never drink of that water again; and definitely I will never hike Mount Timp again, as once was enough for me. 

Y Mountain

Upon finishing my walk in the mall, I met Grandma Zucc at the south door of Dillards.  Our 2000 Camry looked pretty good so I got a pic of it.  I believe this was a good year for Camry, evidenced by the number of them still being in use.  I would really like to drive this car to my grave, as it has been trouble free, and I do like to keep it looking good.

2000 Camry


"Ya'll be good now, ya hear?  And have a nice day!"

1 comment:

Tamara Anderson said...

BYU does have sone awesome sights. As does the mall, I see. Wow! Nice car too. Julie has signed up for housing. She will be staying at, well I do.t remember the bame of it, but it is located where the married couple stayed in single wide trailers. It is just a couple blocks away from the football stadium, do I hear tailgate party? Haha.