Monday, December 27, 2010

SHE WAS JUST SMILING AT ME

Well, Christmas is over, Santa came and went, and I was richly blessed with the company of many grand kids. You can see why I enjoy my grand kids at Christmastime. Just look at Jenna's smiling face. You would think that she had just seen Santa, but in reality, I think she was just smiling at me.

Another highlight of the holidays for me, was the December 24th, premiere performance of Dan Palmer in Mike's living room. He was approprately wearing a Hugh sombrero, while singing "Santa, My Hat is too Big," and "Dominic, the Christmas Donkey." I must say that his Spanglish was flawless, as was his guitar playing. What a guy! He had everyone in the room rolling in laughter.

I also enjoyed the participation of all the kids during the playing of the homemade chimes led by Dan and Annie. Way to go guys. You all were awesome!

Another highlight that poor ol' Grandpa Zucc" had, was trying out Jeff's inversion machine on Christmas Day. This is a contraption that you step onto in an upright position. You fit your feet into 'holds' that kind of locks them into position, then you raise your arms, slowly, and you start to tip backwards, until you are upside down. Try to picture a teeter tauter.

Believe me, I didn't remain upside down long, as I experienced the rush of blood flowing quickly to the upper part of my body. I also felt my backbone stretching. I'm sure there is a way to get this machine to turn you right side up, but at the time, I was glad that Sherry, Grandma, and Jason were there to help.

I believe everyone that celebrated the holidays with us, really had a good time. Santa is a good guy, and so is our Savior. May we always remember His goodness.

3 comments:

All in a Day said...

Sounds like a great time! Wish we were there! Love ya Dad!

Sherry said...

I'd like to Jenna's smiling at you while you are in the inversion table! :)

katie said...

I second that Sherry! Christmas was great!