Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween imagination!

Happy Halloween!  What an activity to get all excited about!  This posting is all about decorations.  It seems that some little monsters stole my homemade pumpkins, thereby denying my little, spooky grandchildren the opportunity of enjoying them.  So I found a place setting at Big Lots, glued on a cardboard backing and attached it to a stake, hoping this would somehow make everything all-right with the grand-kids.

 A couple days ago, while driving through the cemetery in which Mom is located, I noticed how imaginative some people had been in decorating the graves of loved ones; so I took some photos to share with my devoted readers, all three of you.  Ha Ha.









The following three pics are of the decorations on a house in our neighborhood.  At night, the demon's eyes light up and he sways back and forth from side to side.  He is really spooky!


If you haven't been in our neighborhood, you really need to come by. 
1)  On Wyandotte is a wonderful display, of almost every type of debauchery imaginable.  2)  The above pics are on 525 E.  3)  The display on Annalynn is choreographed with music. 

All you have to do is tune your FM radio to 99.9, and yes, the creator of this great display has created an electronic masterpiece, I believe; but the broadcast only reaches one block from the house, in any direction.

To get the full effect of these three displays, you need to come by at night.  You and your kids will be entertained, for sure.
Next up is Thanksgiving then Christmas.  I love this time of year with all it's celebrations.  Throw in the harvest, with homemade chili, hot chocolate, and lots of family and good friends, plus a little football action, and what do you have?  Life is great, isn't it?

3 comments:

Tamara Anderson said...

GREAT post DAD! OK Seriously, there is a radio channel with sounds that correspond with the decorations? How fun! Love the homemade picks! Oh and I didn't think you had to decorate the graveyard! That is really funny and cute! If I were to leave anything for GG, it would be those yellow, dark brown, light brown, orange candies in shapes of bats, I don't remember the other shapes, I just liked the bats, but they have the consistancy of candy corn. I remember she ALWAYS had them out this time of year! What a GREAT candy Grandma!
And I am proud to be 1 of 3 followers. Be careful, I would likely follow you most anywhere! Ha~

katie said...

THANK YOU for the new pumpkin! Not as cute as the ones you made for us, but still very loved. Hope the punks who took the others are enjoying them!
Funny pictures of graves. I never knew.

Joey said...

It is definately a wonderful time of year, especially when you add to your list: fall leaves, hiking, ATV's.