Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I was so embarrassed!

As the sun began to sink into the western sky, we began a little trip in the car.  We ventured past a couple of preteen trick-or-treaters, and ended up at my son's house across the gully.  Grandma had a big pumpkin
pie to share with Mike's family.  At the door, we said those famous words, "trick or treat." 

One of the kids gave me a chocolate bar, for which I had been begging the last couple of days, and soon I was taking the pics that I had really came for.  Believe me, with the prospects of gathering a years worth of candy being eminent, it was not hard to get the kids to pose for me.  Excitement was running high.

Erin

Jenna

Titan

Matthew


Soon we were out the door, but not with the grand kids; for we were excited about getting to Provo.  You see, we had been dreaming all day about eating "old folks food," at Brick Oven.

After dinner, we made our way to Sherry's house, only to find Jeff all by himself passing out candy to little neighborhood monsters, but Sherry, having been out with Sam, soon arrived.  I was kind of glad she wasn't home upon our arrival, as this gave me the opportunity to sample (snitch) both the homemade bread and also the chocolate cake she had made earlier.  Ha ha.

Sam then departed again with a friend while Sherry entertained us, and upon Sam's return, he, being a very happy G.I., displayed his cache.


Sammy


All in all, it was a great night, and lots of fun for all.  You may be wondering where the teen boys were.  Here is the scoop!  Greg had been at his young men adviser's home.  He had been enlisted to answer the door and pass out candy.  Jason and Nick had been to a friends home watching a movie.  They came home a little later and they had that "I miss collecting candy," look. 

Hey, poor Grandpa Zucc is now in his 70's, and he still has that look, I think.  At the age of 12, I remember clearly, being sort of dressed up, knocking at a door, and a little old lady answered.  My voice was changing, and I said "trick-or-treat."  She looked me up and down, from head to toe, and said, in a little old squeaky, sarcastic voice, "Aren't you a little old to be trick-or-treating?"


I was so embarrassed, and now, except for an occasional grandpa thing, that was my last time hitting the streets!  Ha ha.

1 comment:

Tamara Anderson said...

Ha ha! My kids have NO shame! They invited a bunch of their friends and they ALL went trick or treating. They all had a GREAT time! Then they played games in the back yard in the dark, good times. Chili, food and friends!
Sounds like you guys kept the tradition of the Brick oven going, that's great!
Great costumes! Tell Rachel that she could be Belana's farmer---she was a COW! Ha ha. Julie went as Daphne, Dayle sported his Nacho Libre costume again and Brendan was a freeky creepo dude. (more of a goblin) Miss and love you all!