Saturday, November 5, 2011

A roller coster called the mall!

The other day I was walking the mall with exigency (not a person), and happened to see some interesting displays.

Mannequins have always been a fascination with both writers and movie makers.  In some movies they have even come to life during store closing hours, making music, dancing and singing, only to revert back to their original forms just before store opening. 

These thoughts persisted as I roller- costered my way past the fashion shops on both mall levels.  I was fascinated that most of the mannequins were either faceless or headless. 

A new store in our mall, has on display a wonderful array of mannequin heads.  In the display window are three of them that particularly caught my attention.  Luckily, the hair colors they adorn have not caught on with the general public, as of yet!  But, who really knows what the future will bring?

Okay, a change of topic!  This marquis pic of the new twilight movie caught my eye.  Thoughts of how ridiculously popular, this particular series has been, raced through my mind.  I guess fascination with the ideas of love, immortality and mysterious power make good story lines, even if they are associated with vampire folklore.

A couple years ago, Bev and I went to the first twilight movie, with Michelle, Joe, and Andy.  About 10 minutes into the show, I was rolling my eyes, thinking about how "reaching" the show was.  I whispered into by wife's ear, "How did we get succored into this?"  All she could do look at me and laugh out loud. 

I'd like to welcome MW as a follower of this blog.  Comments are welcome from all people, as well as my four devoted followers, and "Oh yes," try to be creatively constructive in sharing your thoughts, if you can.  Ha ha. 

4 comments:

katie said...

I think I should get myself an orange wig. I think you are a secret-closet Twilight fan. If you want to hit the late show with me to see the latest one, just call. Mike won't go.

Annie said...

i was going to say...you can go to breaking dawn with me. on the plus side, i like popcorn! and, i'd share!

M W said...

My wife and daughter have read all the Twilight books and it has been unofficially mandatory that we see the movies when they arrive at the movie theater. In the 2nd installment, "New Moon", I couldn't help but notice the locale of the Italian Volturi Family. I can remember whispering in my wife's ear "Hey, isn't that Siena?" We had been in the very same place where those scenes were shot a few years earlier.

Tamara Anderson said...

OK, so Dad, when you come up you will HAVE to check out Dayle jr's room, he aquired some "heads" at a garage sale! Ha ha. Also, the Twilight movies are really cheezy! I don't own one of them and I probably never will. I enjoyed reading the books much better than watching the movies. And a big SHOUT OUT goes to EVERY man that sits through a Twilight movie! Ha ha. Katie, I would go with you! WE would have some good laughs!