Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sugarplum fairies and fiery serpents!

Well, the Fashion Place mall has really opened a new and fresh section on the west end.  As Black Friday draws near, I can just imagine retailers dreaming of sugarplum fairies, in the form of sales persons, dancing through huge piles of dollars.



Last Saturday, we met Joe, Andy and Michelle by the Sears store, took pictures, and then moved on to Bath and Body Works, where we all sniffed, and sniffed, and sniffed - you know what I mean.  Andy finally bought some bottles of hand soap.  Both the friendly employees and also the Christmas atmosphere of the store really made me feel happy to shop there, even though I didn't buy anything.  Ha ha.

Sunday, we attended Sherry's church in Springville.  Sammy gave a great talk during Sacrament meeting.  He represented his class in the Primary program.  His talk was on how God speaks to us through his prophets.  I can't remember everything he said, but I do remember his referring to fiery serpents, as mentioned in the scriptures by prophets. 

I wonder what they were like!  Did they actually breath fire and smoke?  Or maybe their bites hurt a lot!  Or maybe their skins were fiery colors?  Isaiah says they could fly!  Anyway, I'm glad these creatures are now extinct!

Sherry was released as the Ward Young Women's President.  I'm sure she will be enjoying a new church calling soon.  I don't know if you can see it, but there seems to be a "glow" emanating from her head.  She really is a wonderful woman, and a righteous credit to her family.  We are so proud!

3 comments:

Joey said...

Dad,
You failed to mention the enjoyment you experienced while testing the tingling foot massage cream at the soap store! Oh, and the line we had to wait in for you to check out that new girly store (j/k, that really didn't happen, but there was a long line - people are nuts). It was fun, maybe next time we'll do lunch with you.

katie said...

I see the glow! And I really think that picture of Joe and Andy is great!

Tamara Anderson said...

Wow! What a fun time. I hope you put a couple of.quarters in the car so Joe and Andy could enjoy the ride! Haha. Sounds like Sam did a great job on his talk. And YAY Sherry! I hope you get a little break before your new calling. Sad/sweet day! Love you all!