Sunday, February 19, 2012

An alien from outer space

Only last week, Grandma and I were in the "land of sky blue waters."  Hams brewery has long shut it's doors, and we do not use prescription drugs bought from street vendors; but what we saw, upon entering in the great room of my daughter's house, was an alien from outer space. 


That was our first impression!  Then when he spoke, we realized he was only Dayle Jr. 

He was exhausted as he and his sister, Belana, had been at a high school leadership training seminar, in Seattle I think!  Anyway, he was soon very relaxed on the sofa.

 
I was wondering how long it would take him to get tired of the face paint, and wash it off; but then his mother announced that he would be wearing it to a basketball game that evening, and Grandma Zucc and I were invited to attend. Now, Dayle plays trombone in the pep band, and he was very desirous for us to hear their music.

To my surprise, just before we left the house, Dayle popped into the great room with a green cape gracefully hanging down his back; and we were on our way. 

By the way, I was impressed with the pep band, as they were really very good.  I guess it maybe it consisted of about 40 students.  A platform was set up for the drummer who played a trap set.  The group even had a guy that played an electric bass guitar. 



Now, Dayle really could produce some cool sounds, in fact, at one point he was really making that slide trombone do it's stuff.


This grand performance was a highlight of our trip.  "Keep up the good work, Dayle."

3 comments:

Tamara Anderson said...

Ha ha! Yes, it is true, Dayle has no shame! And I think that's pretty cool. Thanks for coming to watchin him play! IT was a fun night.

M W said...

Uh, oh ... I hope he in't a fugitive from the planet Charon because the right side of his face (instead of the left side) has, like Loki, the darker color.

Check out this Star Trek video clip to see what I'm talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi7QQ5pO7_A

katie said...

Alien or not....I like that kid!