Sunday, October 21, 2012

Halloween is fast approaching



Halloween is fast approaching, and being on the alert for interesting pics, I happened to find this wonderful witch, gracefully wrapped around a telephone poll, as if she had a crash.  My guess she was trying to text a message while in flight.  Ha ha.  

Witch crashes into pole on 13th East!

I have to hand it to people who have great imaginations, who come up with these types of displays.  They keep the rest of us with little or no imagination, entertained.

Talk about entertainment, I got quite a kick out of Rachel as she opened her traditional Grandpa Zucc birthday cereal present, at her 8th birthday party.  She received a lot of great presents, and I enjoy watching a happy, enthusiastic kid.  

Rachel has a twinkle in her eye
   
It is fortunate for everyone that her birthday is in October, as Halloween provides a plethora of opportunity for buying cheap gifts that thrill a kid.  One was a flashing mouth light.  "Hey, how could I resist."  "It was on sale at Shopko."  The best thing about this contraption is that after it dies, according to the instructions, you can just throw it away.




At each and every birthday party I attend, at Mike's house, are these two lovely blondes.  Both are looking forward to becoming not only teenagers in the near future, but also to the excitement of entering middle school.  So are their parents!  Ha ha.    

Erin (11) & Anna (12)

To finish off this posting, I want to record that last Wednesday, Matty and I went fishing, and had a great time.  This was strictly a man to man trip, but you have to realize that it was not too difficult to bring myself to his level of understanding in both word and deed.  Katie fixed us a lunch that we enjoyed - peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, cheetoes, apples, and drink.  What could be better?  And, on they way home, we stopped at Wendy's for a couple of Frostys!  

As we drove from the pond, I pointed out the ancient shoreline of Lake Bonneville.  Not sure that he grasped the concept of such a large lake, I decided to tell him the story of Noah and the Ark.  He loved this story, especially how God told Noah to "Shut the door!"  For a 6 year old, Matty really has a developed sense of humor, and he is a joy to be around.  Thank you Mike and Katie for bringing him into my life!     

Fish in the pan

Fish on the plate





2 comments:

katie said...

Thanks for taking him fishing....He loved it! Rachel is quite funny. Thanks for being so great!

Tamara Anderson said...

Sounds like a fun time! Love the funny witch too!