Monday, October 15, 2012

Mother nature delivers



 If I were an alien from outer space, I would be totally amazed at the variety of things that make up the planet earth.  In mid-evil times, earth, wind, fire, and water were believed to be earth's basic elements.   Today we know that subatomic particles are the building blocks of everything.  It is baffling to my mind how atoms, seemingly identical, know how to bind together to create different objects like grass, apples, an arm, a rock etc.

  If anyone has any ideas please leave a comment because I, Grandpa Zucc, would like to know before leaving this life.  At any rate, all things seem to have an esoteric sort of beauty.  Things that are considered unattractive, like spiders for example, have in their own way, beauty.  I guess it all not only depends on how one views beauty, but also on one's experience.  

Anyway, no one can deny the beauty found occasionally in the skies, either night or day.  Sometimes mother nature absolutely delivers a beautiful array of patterns and colors in the form of clouds. 

Looking west from my house


I took the photo below several years ago.  It was in the afternoon, and a storm was moving in.  Many other persons in the valley must have taken pics of this spectacular cloud formation over the Wasatch range, as a similar pic made it into the morning newspaper.

Looking east


It seems that the many varied forces of nature are continually competing for our attention, and they do get it.








1 comment:

Tamara Anderson said...

Beautiful! Miss the unique cloud formations there! I remember you posted the storm cloud. PRetty amazing picture. Love sunsets and nature. I agree with finding beauty in just about anything! Hope you are well! Love ya!