Wednesday, November 24, 2010

MY GRANDPARENTS






My grandfather John & his wife Hattie, had some property in Fair Oaks, California. He lived in a large Victorian type house, and on the property he grew apricots, and a variety of produce. My cousin Thelma, grew up in that grand old house, and graduated from the local high school. She told me that grandpa sold his vegetables at a local market, and used the proceeds to pay his taxes.

Today I noticed that at Walmart, retail zucchini was selling for $1.89 a pound. Let me see, at that price I would have to raise over 750 pounds to pay just my property taxes.

By the way, do you think I look like my grandparents? Usually, some traits are passed on to succeeding generations. I noticed the other day, Jenna's hands have the same features as my wife's hands.

No comments: