Monday, November 29, 2010

A DELIGHTFUL PERFORMANCE


In December of 2001, Bev and John pose in front of tabernacle organ pipes.

Sunday evening, we attended a delightful performance of Handel's Messiah. The musicians were of different faiths, but this particular performance was held in the LDS Holladay Stake Center. Three of the soloists (currently members of the Tabernacle Choir), Eliott Clark, Scott Miller, and Trish Swanson, sang with exceptional ability and beauty. The orchestra was excellent also.

This group, for the last 20 years or so, had been performing it's annual concert at Highland High School, but last year they were forced to find a new venue. It seems that some non-christian lady had an issue with separation of church and state, and threatened litigation if the concert were held again in the school. Well, the school board backed down, rather than face a law suit. Both the LDS Church and the Church of Christ stepped forward and offered their facilities.

As I sat and listened to the glorious strains of the "Messiah," my thoughts went back to past times when my wife and I participated in this wonderful oratorio, as singers in the Tab Choir.

Mike Wilson I tried making a comment onyour Grandpa Zucc blog site but the site wanted me to have some sort of account thus preventing me from posting there. I just wanted to say I'll remember my years in Yellowstone where we performed Handel's Messiah around Aug 25 - Christmas in Yellowstone back then when I worked there.
























1 comment:

All in a Day said...

I think it is pretty awesome you having the wonderful opportunity to serve in the Tab Choir. You have to know that my favorite Christmas CD is one of you and mom. Makes me cry every time!