Friday, April 15, 2011

OH NO! A BIT OF PHILOSOPHY!

This is the last post on our Washington trip.  I hope you enjoy all the photos that follow.  And at the end I will give you a little bit of Zucc philosophy


I love a girl that smiles

Tammy has always been a fun-loving individual.  From day one. everyone has enjoyed being around her.  I remember, at a family gathering, in Big Bear Park, how a couple of long haired teenage boys were hanging around us, and they looked to me like they wanted to cause trouble.  Tammy made friends of them, and soon they were happily on their way.  If I would have told them to go away, they would have become mouthy and obnoxious, spoiling our picnic. 

She married a fun-loving guy, who is also a "good sport," about things, luckily for me.  
A handsome guy!
Soon after they were married, I decided to play a practical joke, so on the phone I pretended to be a pollster from San Francisco.  In my best Chinese accent, I asked for several his opinions on fast food, ending with the question, "Do you prefer the Big Mac or the Whopper?"

Dayle & Tam at the Lacey MacDonald's

 I won't tell you his preference, even though they do frequent the local Mickey D's. 

A 'stand-up' comedian
 Oh yeah!  This guy is one funny character.  He is so friendly, and has the humor of a mature person.  Like his mother, everyone loves to be around him, especially his grandparents.  He can make a blue day bright!
 
Brendan sneaks a peek.

 
This guy knows how to make me smile!


We have our hoodies on
Now, this girl with the big, beautiful eyes and perfect smile is a real charmer.  She loves board games, especially Toss Up, Double Down, Word on the Street, Swipe a Die etc.
 
This girl knows how to roll them dice!

I commented to Grandma that because of her winning personality and beauty, Belana would make a perfect movie actress.  I wonder if she were to take drama in high school, if she could end up famous, or something?  Of course, one has to decide for herself what would make one happy in life.

Rock and roll
 Well, he got an electric guitar for Christmas, and he is playing it well.  As you can see, Dayle really enjoys this activity.  He is really good at trombone too.  I think, with a little help, he could be a star at playing the guitar.


Julie is proud to be an Anderson.

Julie's choir sang at a district music festival held in the gym of Timberline High.  It was informal, but the music her choir sang was not.  They performed "LA CREMOSA," by Mozart.  In order for this to sound good, the piece must be performed with confidence, in all parts (SATB), and let me tell you, they did.  Like Randy Jackson would say, "Yo baby!  You nailed it."

This is my "hugging bear."
 
What a pair!

 
Can you guess which one has 'Anderson" on the back of her hoodie?

 

A serious moment!

I think Julie is working on something on the dinning table.  It is really good to concentrate once in a while. Even with a note of seriousness, she shows a confident beauty, that makes me proud to be her grandpa.



Okay!  Now for an oddball picture! 

I'll bet you can't guess what some locals call this store!


The flight back to Salt Lake International went well.  As you know, when flying into Sea-tac, you usually get to see the volcanos.  Being an armature geologist, I look for the beautiful Wasatch Front, on the return trip.  

Northern Utah from the air!
 


Mouth of Ogden canyon
 This photo clearly shows not only the upper two levels of ancient Lake Bonneville but also the Wasatch fault scarp.

Lake Bonneville was formed at the end of the Ice Age, some 50,000 years ago.  Humans were developing at this time, and dinosaurs were basically extinct.  We know that early humans lived on the shores of the lake, because of remains found in caves along the shoreline.  They were hunters, and they had fire to keep them warm.

They hunted giant ground sloths, and mammoth elephants, both now extinct.  How does all this evidence coincide with the account in Genesis?  My Zucc philosophy is to keep and open mind.  We don't know everything yet, but it is important and fun to research both creationism and naturalism.  Being dogmatic just creates enemies, which I don't need right now.  How about you?

3 comments:

low bass said...

Mike Wilson I agree. Dogmatic people - those to the far right (Hitler) and those to the far left (Lenin or Stalin) - do nothing but create problems for humanity. (I can think of a few Americans at each end as well, but that may be considered too political).

katie said...

I enjoyed this post. Loved all of the pictures!

Tamara Anderson said...

Yes, Dad, Thanks for all of the pictures, and all of the wonderful memories! It was wonderful having you and mom up for a while. The kids always love it when you guys come and visit. They are always really so excited! Me too! Thanks for posting so much. Sure love you!