Monday, April 4, 2011

A SMILE ON HER FACE!

Sunday, 3 April, brought not only a snowy General Conference, but also a birthday party for Sherry.  It was a wonderful occasion with 14 people crowded into our small home.  Grandma had fixed a glorious turkey dinner with all the fixings, and grandpa fixed a big bowl of mashed potatoes.

Sherry's family was the first to arrive, and they all immediately descended to the downstairs family room to watch the remaining portion of conference.  The boys were all so well behaved and quiet, that Jeff and I sort of dozed off until dinner time.  Then the action began.

Katie arrived with her kids and the feast started.  Afterwards, Jeff and all the kids ended up in the family room watching a video on the big TV, while I helped the women clean up and wash the dishes.  Afterwards, I ended up on my bed trying to rest a tired back.  After a half hour or so, the party began.  Sherry was more than ready to be honored.  I could tell by the smile on her face!



Sherry waiting for the party to begin.


Sherry has a helper.

And another helper.


It was a glorious occasion.


But the guest of honor had to stand.


Hey, wait a minute!  Whose party is this?

The tooth fairy will surely come!
    

Good ol' Nick!  What a guy!


3 comments:

low bass said...

Sherry McKea Noorda Thanks for showing my best side! haha! I love the pic with Rachel and me and the flowers!

Tamara Anderson said...

Great pictures and it looks like it was a great party too. Happy Birthday to Sherry! Great memories made this day! Good thing that the kids were quiet so you could get in your afternoon nap! Ha ha.

beb said...

Sherry McKea Noorda Thanks for showing my best side! haha! I love the pic with Rachel and me and the flowers!