Tuesday, April 19, 2011

SPRINGTIME IN THE ROCKIES

"When It's Springtime in the Rockies."

 

Yes!  It has finally arrived, and it seems that it is about 2 to 3 weeks late this year.

With it's arrival come the urge to get out and do a few things, like:

  1. Turn the garden.
  2. Plant Tammy's seed potatoes, which I have already done.
  3. Plant radish, lettuce, and carrot seeds
  4. Service all my yard equipment.
  5. Plant Tammy's walla walla onion starts.  (I hope they make it)
I have already done the above things, plus I have mowed the lawn once.  I am lucky that I have a couple of willing young souls, in the form of Grandma's piano students, whom I have hired to cut my lawn, starting next week. 

This will be the 3rd year they have helped me.  While one is taking his lesson, the other runs the mower, then they switch places.  This works out to be a pretty good system, plus I pay them for their labor.  Now, I know their parents think this is a great deal, as they figure they are getting a monetary break on the piano lessons, and it also teaches them responsibility, as they are earning cash.  I know their father matches what I pay the boys, as they do work around their yard.  What a Deal, Right?



The flowering trees are now coming into their full glory, signifying the great renewal of life on earth, and at this time of year we all celebrate Christ's resurrection, signifying a future renewal of our lives.  What could bring more happiness in our lives? 

1 comment:

Tamara Anderson said...

Beautiful pictures Dad! You are getting really good with your camera. Wish I were there helping you plant! My onions didn't make it, hope yours do. I am really amazed they are still alive. Good luck, You always have a great yard! Hope you have lots of sun so I might have a nice big red tomato when I get this this summer!