Wednesday, February 2, 2011

GET ALONG BETTER WITH OTHERS



Mail boxes in my neighborhood are all pretty much the same, you know, with just a cheap receptacle on top of a cheap post. Most of them are either dented or rusted, or both. But there are a few people that have been imaginative, and have come up with interesting designs. The one on the top is my favorite. The lady who owns the above box is known to us as "the dragon lady." By the way, she is really a nice person.


The fish box has been in place for at least a couple of years, and just recently the house went up for sale. I wonder why? Could it be that the owner was a fisherman, and that the smell indoors got unbearable?

OK! It is time for me, Grandpa Zucc, to do some philosophizing. While visiting some in-laws, a long time ago in another city far away, I was told by them that relatives are like fish, "after 3 days they begin to stink." It was said jokingly, and everyone laughed; but still, the rest of our one week stay was a bit uncomfortable, and we were glad when the time came to depart.

While composing this article, I looked out the window and saw the snow blowing off the top of Lone Peak (blowing off to the right).  The wind in the valley is probably blowing at about 20 mph.  Up there it must be reaching well over 60 mph.

So, how does one handle uncomfortable situations?  A friendly attitude always helps, I'm sure.  Have you even watched on antenna TV, the old television series "All in the Family?" Well, Archie Bunker was the ultimate in provoking confrontation, and as comical as he was, his bigoted actions were certainly not the best examples of promoting pleasant relationships. 

So, please give me some witty comments on how to get along better with others.



1 comment:

katie said...

I don't have anything witty to say. Shocking, i know. I'm one who tends to not put up with peoples garbage. If they are too dramatic or high maintenance, I ignore and get on with my life. I don't need their baggage or rotten attitude placed upon me.
Funny mailboxes!