Tuesday, February 8, 2011

HE KNOWS WHAT IS NEEDED

Steven Tyler

Steven Tyler seems to me, a good addition to American Idol.  I really never got into the music of his Aerosmith group, but it is evident that he knows what is needed by idol candidates to succeed in pop world culture. 

Jennifer Lopez is more than a capable replacement for Ellen DeGeneres, who in my opinion, was a dismal failure.  Both JLo and Tyler, along with Randy Jackson are really giving Idol a new, positive image.

I like the way the show is going this year.  They are moving away from so much of the lousy auditions, and are giving emphasis to the really good performers.  I like the increased background coverage of good singers.  This really adds interest to the show.

Still, I find myself recording the show, and then later watching the playback of only the singing, fast forwarding over the commercials, etc.  As in previous years, I don't plan to really get into American Idol until there are only 12 candidates left.

But no matter what I think, the show is still one of the most watched TV productions  and rivals the viewership of Survivor, which I watch religiously. 

Do any of you like what Steven Tyler brings to Idol?     





















1 comment:

katie said...

I love American Idol, and I think this season is going to be awesome. I enjoy Steven Tyler and J.Lo.....Randy, the Dawg can go. He bugs me.