Friday, March 18, 2011

TRIUMPHANT SHOPPERS!



Triumphant shoppers!

Tam and Bev really had a good time shopping, as you can see from the picture.  This picture was taken in the JC Penney store in Capitol Mall, Olympia, Washington.  Luckily they are the first in line. 

I was fortunate to have walked several malls during our trip.  As you know, I tend to be very observant, looking for interesting things, while walking.  I noticed that in all the malls, there are more Asian places to eat than in Utah, but so far they have not taken over the traditional American fast-food places yet.
 



The food court that I liked the best was in the Tacoma Mall.  It had a lot of plants and places to sit.  Even MacDonald's looks good in this green setting.










The Tacoma Mall is big enough to easily display automobiles.  According to my calculations, this mall is about half again as big as our Fashion Place Mall.





Auntie Anne's must be a Northwest favorite place to eat pretzels, as they seem to be in all the malls I walked.  I don't know why, but this fast food place made me think of Katie's sister.  Ah-ha!








Is this a dog in shining armor?  The shop owner must have a sense of humor similar to mine.












Apparently, this passerby is quite taken by the dog in shining armor.  I actually think he was talking to the dog.
 

2 comments:

katie said...

I enjoy your observations!

All in a Day said...

Of course we were smiling! First in line with GREAT sales, how could we not smile? Plus you looked really cute over there with your camera! WOW, never thought of the Tacoma Mall McDonnalds being an inviting place to eat. Maybe just during the day time! And I bet that is why I always smile and have a warm feeling when I walk by an Auntie Annie's!