Saturday, March 12, 2011

WE HAD A COUPON!

Our trip turned out to be an pleasant adventure from the beginning.  Grandma and I are always amazed how easy it is to travel to Sea-tac and back.  Our hats are off to all the efficient, loyal, and friendly workers, from the shuttle drivers to the airline employees,  that make this trip a joy. 

Even the shoe-shine guy at the top of the escalator in the Salt Lake airport, showed concern for us, when he saw us looking for a golf cart to take us to the far end of the terminal.  He explained that this service is no longer available, and offered to find us a wheelchair if we wanted.  We declined, but appreciated his concern.

We parked at Diamond Parking, because we had a coupon.  They have a very efficient shuttle service that I really like. Jim will be happy to know that I tipped the driver.  I also left tips at Sky Cap.  These people really offer a great service. 

Once in the airport, we made it through the security check machines.  It was a snap, and the employees were very friendly and helpful.  I feel like they get a "bad rap," most of the time, mostly by those who want media attention.  Yes, traveling is different than before 9/11; but really, safety is a real concern in this day and age.

While waiting in the terminal for our boarding, I couldn't help but get a kick out of the following poster.  I thought, "Wow, so this girl has the type of smile Southwest wants us to have?"



In contrast, once boarded, Grandma looks pleasantly concerned, and I can't tell if she is reading or praying.


When the stewardess was giving her safety demonstration, I asked her if she minded if I took her picture.  She declined, and sternly told me all electronic devices were to be turned off.  Once safely in the air, she cheerfully offered to let me photograph her demonstration. 



Upon arrival in Sea-Tac, we were shuttled off campus, to Dollar Rent-a-car.  Guess what?  Right! We used Dollar Rent-a-car because we had a coupon!



Bev, bless her heart, had arranged for a cut-rate, economy car, but because they were all gone, we ended up with what the company calls a "wild card" draw.  We ended up with a van!  Tammy and her family got quite a kick out of this, but I really enjoyed driving it.  It had lots of power, was roomy and very comfortable, and the view from the driver's seat was fantastic.

Keep coming back to this post to see more!  I haven't even begun to reveal our exciting adventures! 

1 comment:

katie said...

I'm so glad the stewardess let you take her picture. That is so funny.