Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WORLD FAMOUS BOB!


Bev and Bob

One of the highlights of our trip was meeting the world famous "Bob," founder and owner of Bob's Red Mill, in Portland, Oregon.
  Bob was thrilled to pose with Bev while I took a picture.  You will find his same smiley face on every package of his products sold in most big box stores.
When in town, we always visit Bob's store because it is so fun to shop there for all kinds of oat, wheat, and grain products.  In addition we always have a bite of lunch there.  It is so healthy and delicious.


Bob in his own lunch line

As we parked in front of the mill, Bob and another man were getting out of an older van, and they waved to us.  Believe me there is nothing pretentious about Bob.



Bev and Gordon

The night before, we went to supper at the Red Lobster with Bev's brother Gordon.  Linda Brake, a schoolgirl friend, also joined us.

On the next post, I will include some more interesting photos, along with a story about Dent Mowrey, a little known pianist/composer from Portland.  So be sure to tune back in!


2 comments:

katie said...

I thought Bob was a cardboard cutout. So cool that he was the real Bob!

Tamara Anderson said...

I have never seen Mom with such a Happy Face in a picture before. I tell you, when they came back to the house, they had a GREAT day! I am so glad they were able to go to Portland and had such a GREAT time. I still have your oats on the table. Ha ha. Time to find a better home for them until July!